Oral Fluid Drug Testing:
Saliva / oral fluid-based drug tests can generally detect use during the previous few days. are becoming more prevalent and harder to adulterate than the urine drug tests since the sample can be obtained under direct supervision. Results can be read in minutes.
Detection in saliva tests begins immediately upon use.
- Marijuana and hashish ( THC ): an hour after ingestion up to 24 hours.
- Cocaine (including crack ): From time of ingestion up to 2 to 3 days
- Opiates : From time of ingestion up to 2 to 3 days
- Methamphetamine ("Tweak," "crank," "ice") and ecstasy (MDMA, "Molly") : From time of ingestion up to 2 to 3 days.
- Benzodiazepines : From time of ingestion up to 2 to 3 days
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
Oral fluid specimen collection using Intercept is simple and non-invasive. Collection can occur at any time or location without embarrassment to the donor.